Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Back

It’s been months since I blogged about writing my book. I’ve been busy writing. That’s good. I’ve “finished”. Now, I’m in the revision process. It’s an epic fantasy, and I mean EPIC. Thus, books like this take a while and mountains of dedication, love, focus, and precious time. I think I’ll be close to knowing when I’ll be finished-finished this summer.
I’ve still not commited to traditional or self-publishing (via my platform alone). I do need to commit to my platform. I was reminded of this today. Bottomline, it’s a business and I’ll be offering a product. That requires another level of attention from me. If I end up self-publishing, I need a presence on the web. I’ve neglected that in the last few months. Non-traditional means will require a lot of dedication and planning before and after I’ve finished the book. So, I might as well keep this blog (and others) up to date and keep building connections and work on some teasers for the book. Why not?
When I blog I feel like I need to write something grand. This is too much pressure. That feeling has kept me from blogging. In the future I will relax and just keep blogging mainly about my writing and perhaps, about the world of Creed of Kings. I will also write a little bit about the process from a rookie’s point of view. I’ve been writing this book seriously since 2009 and quite a few false starts since 2007.
I love to write about movies, music, and books. So, I’ll do more of that as well. It’s all about art and the human desire to create, right? So why not?
The one thing I won’t do is right long blog entries like this one. It chews up too much time making sure I spelled correctly and did not leave words out etc. I’m just going to forgive myself upfront for that…sorry.
So I look forward to blogging more consistantly.
P.S. You can find me under my alias/pen name Facebook at A. R. Travis the fanpage or Alton Ray Travis the personal page. Or, under my real name Allen Bagby.

No comments:

Post a Comment